Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

A Mother's Day Message

This morning I called my mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day. She was extremely appreciative and we had a nice chat. But being a Jewish mother, she could not resist one small nag -- what happened to my blog? (A nag, I might point out, only a pundit could love.)

In all seriousness, it's a fair question, one I have heard from a few friends as well. The honest answer is that I am still getting used to rhythms of blogging and have to get better about posting more frequently -- and more concisely. I tend to want to write op-ed length meditations, and I am gradually accepting it's okay to pop off without the 27 8X10 color glossy pictures and the five-part harmony backing me up (which is to say, in less than 1,000-word increments).

Now that my mother has complained, I have an extra incentive to get my act together -- so be on the lookout for more regular posts.

Though I had to chuckle about the whole thing, because as I later learned from my mom, what she was really looking for was equal time. I had given a shoutout to my father a few weeks ago for passing along some interesting articles to me, and she felt a little left out.

So in the spirit of the day, I want to pass along a second wish from my mother: the thing that would make her happiest today, other than a call from her children, is to bring the troops home from Iraq so they could all be home with their moms.

No matter your politics or views on the war, that's a hard proposition to argue with.

Anways, there you are, Mom. Happy Mother's Day.

Love,


Dan

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?