Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Mac the Nice on Hillary

Roger Simon's latest column, in which he gets Terry McAuliffe to open up about Hillary's likeability problem, provides some interesting insights.

Two anecdotes in particular stand out. First, this one from Maureen Dowd:

"I had traveled with Dukakis really early, maybe his first campaign trip to Iowa," she recalled, "and I asked him what I always ask people: 'What do you do for fun?'

"And he said: 'Black mulch.'

"And I said: 'Black mulch?'

"And he said: 'I like to put black mulch on my tomato plants.'

"And I thought to myself right then: This man will never be president."

Then there is this story McAuliffe told when asked for an example of Hillary's lighter side:

"We were at Camp David once," McAuliffe said, "and my son ran over her in a golf cart and she got up and said, 'Did Bill teach you to drive?' "

Something tells me that Senator Clinton is going to, pardon the pun, get a lot of mileage out of better half on this front.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?